Welcome to my blog!

We find ourselves in challenging times. To meet them more easily, I believe involves challenging ourselves to move beyond old, established habits and patterns.

Perhaps I am a bit late fully entering into the 21st century by starting my blog now, in 2010! In that my work and message has so much to do with slowing down and settling into a deeper knowing beyond and prior to our cultural modes, it may be appropriate to step extra slowly into the world of blogging and other cyber realities.

I suspect that, if you are drawn to my blog and the words here, you may also value this slower, deeper state we are all capable of. I invite you to read on and regularly, and hope the words below can support you in enhancing your ability to be, even in the midst of all the doing required in our modern world.

Thursday 7 November 2013

Presencing, Being, and Animal Communication

I have just watched an amazing and touching film I wish everyone could be exposed to. You can watch it, too, at  http://www.cultureunplugged.com/documentary/watch-online/play/11936/The-Animal-Communicator


This is a documentary on communicating with animals. It follows a woman who listens to and talks with wild and often upset animals. As I listened, transfixed by her presence, I recognized the kind of resonant, receptive presence we aspire to in Biodynamics in establishing and working within a safe relational field. This is important in Biodynamics in order for the client's system to settle under conditional patterns and resonate more fully with deeper, Biodynamic forces.

The animal communicator endeavored to explain her ability to talk with and understand animals as a function of the quantum connections between us all. As she spoke, I thought of the natural resonance accessed in a quiet being state. In relative stillness, I suspect we all can receive and listen to animals. We also can receive and listen to ourselves and each other.

The state of resonant presence required to practice Biodynamics and other forms of therapy requires  deepening beyond an egoic state of active doingness into a state of universal beingness. Here, we can receive and communicate what is essential for health and well-being.


This is a state we naturally and relatively easily enter into in practicing Continuum Movement. Emilie Conrad, founder of Continuum, speaks of interspecies inclusivity. Like the animal communicator listening to the animals, the Continuum practitioner slows down into a quiet, receptive state, where we can experience the nourishing waves of energetic information from the cosmos, the planet, and our own internal fluids. We may find ourselves moving like other species, our arms becoming wings, our tail swaying, it's movement rippling up through our mid-line.

In communication with other species, there is an acknowledgement of an interspecies continuum. Indigenous peoples who are still skilled at this level of listening and being, declare that we are all connected and belong to one family. We can learn about ourselves and our potential from other animals, as we are on one continuum with them. We can also help them, as well as ourselves and each other, in this state

We can consider this a natural and spiritual state. In the film, traditional animal trackers speak of seeing a line of light leading them to the animal they are tracking. This again is similar to my experience of Biodynamics (and Continuum). I often see or sense light, like a path, guiding me to understand the dynamics of the client’s system and where it wants me to make contact next. Like the animals, the client’s system is often relieved just to perceive it is being heard, without requiring anything of it.

When we emerge from this being state, we run the risk of forgetting it in our busyness, then need to return to rejuvenate. This is one reason I am so grateful for my occupation, where I can spend my days deepening into quiet presence with others, appreciating and receiving who and how they are. It is also why I practice and teach Continuum, as I see an almost desperate need for those of us immersed in modern culture, and its incessant speed and overwhelm, to settle into being and re-member, re-connect with, what really matters.

Being is not only our original, natural state; it is also essential for us to thrive. It may be becoming increasingly important for our basic survival as a species. I hope it is not too late, and that we are willing and able to let go enough to return to being.



No comments:

Post a Comment